South tower St.Stephen's Cathedral Stephansplatz Rotenturmstrasse/Kärntner Strasse Wien (Vienna), Austria LL: N 48.20824, E 16.37307
Verein zur Erhaltung des Stephansdoms Stephansplatz 3 A-1010 Wien T: 513 76 48 F: 51552 3746 E: office /@/ stephansdom DOTat
Saturday 1745; also on days before a holiday, and on holidays before the Great Mass (usually 1000).
Bells by Pfundner, ranging from 5700 kg to 35 kg. This tower also holds two clock bells. The north tower holds "Die Pummerin" & 2 other bells (unused). The North Roman (or Pagan) tower holds 6 service bells (5 cast in 1772); the South Roman tower's bells were destroyed in WW II. Pre-war 9-bell peal was divided among all four towers.
Motor-swung peal of 11 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is G# in the bass octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: NONE / NONE The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1960 by the maker cited in Remarks above Prior history: Previously, the complete instrument of 9 bells was installed with bells made by an unknown maker No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1979
This page was built from the database on 15-Nov-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/11/11 and on technical data last updated on 1991/11/21
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.