South tower Eglise St-Barthélemy (Sint-Bartholomeuskerk) Rue St-Barthélemy Liège (Luik), Liège (Luik), Belgium LL: N 50.64775, E 5.58259
Jean-Christophe Michallek E: email@example.com
Pastorie Place St-Barthélemy 8 4000 Liège T: 041/23 49 98
First carillon, of unknown origin and date, was relocated here from the old Sint-Gillisabdij; it disappeared in the French Revolution. The second was cast in 1774 by M.-J. vanden Gheyn & son A.-J. vanden Gheyn for the Cistercian abbey Val-Saint-Lambert, bought by this church in 1804 and installed in 1807. Reports of 40 bells are incorrect.
Traditional carillon of 50 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The instrument was enlarged in 20__ with bells made by an unknown maker Prior history: In 200_, the instrument was enlarged to 48 bells by an unknown maker In 1774, the instrument was begun with 37 bells made by vandenGheyn In 1787, a complete instrument of 23 bells was installed with bells made by the maker cited in Remarks above (0 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2015
This page was built from the database on 10-Aug-15 based on textual data last updated on 2015/08/05 and on technical data last updated on 2015/08/05
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org