All Saints Parish Church Church Street, opposite Clifton House Gardens Clifton, Bedfordshire, England OS Ref. TL 165 392 LL: N 52.03934, W 0.30178
Autoplay at 8,12,4,8; Cambridge (Westminster) quarters, with hour strike at the octave.
Octave by various makers from 1590 on, with clock by John Moore of Clerkenwell, 1863; chiming machine by same maker, 1879, with 7 bells by unknown maker, playing 4 tunes on 11 bells. All retuned, and chiming bells recast into 3 by Taylor, 1953; added semitone is sharp 4th (7#). All restored in 1986; the only working chiming machine in Bedfordshire.
Mechanical-automatic chime of 11 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is G# in the middle octave Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There is one added semitone The whole instrument was installed in 1953 by the maker cited in Remarks above Prior history: In 1879, a complete instrument of 15 bells was installed by the maker cited in Remarks above (8 bells remain from that work.) Auxiliary mechanisms: R8M Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2020
This page was built from the database on 2-Jan-21 based on textual data last updated on 2021/01/01 and on technical data last updated on 2020/12/31
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.