St.Mary's Church Hwy.A361 north of Banbury Cross Banbury, Oxon., England OS Ref. SP 453 405 LL: N 52.06147, W 1.33943
Banbury Branch, Oxford Diocesan Guild c/o Barry Davis E: bjdbellringer/@/btinternet.com
In 1897, G&J retuned existing octave and added 3 bells (presumably 2 trebles and a semitone), a chiming clock and a carillon machine. Current added semitones are flat 7th (4b) and sharp 4th (7#). Also a Sanctus bell by Pack & Chapman, 1773.
Chime-sized instrument or collection of 12 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is E in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There are two added semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1930 with bells made by Taylor Prior history: In 1897, the instrument was enlarged to 11 bells by Gillett & Johnston (0 bells remain from that work.) In 1___, the instrument was begun with 8 bells by an unknown maker (0 bells remain from that work.) Auxiliary mechanisms: R10 Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2020
This page was built from the database on 3-Mar-22 based on textual data last updated on 2022/02/25 and on technical data last updated on 2022/02/25
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.