St.Mark's Anglican Church Byron Street, opposite Simcoe Park Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada LL: N 43.25559, W 79.06809
Ruth Boulton - and- Jim Smith E: c/o jsmith108/@/cogeco DOTca
St.Mark's Anglican Church *parcel: 47 Byron Street Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON *postal: PO Box 582 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0 T: (905)468-3123 F: (905)468-0073 E: email@example.com - or - Rev.Canon R.S.G.Wright, Rector E: firstname.lastname@example.org - or - Allan Magnacca, Chairman, Bells of St.Mark's T: (905)468-7574 E: email@example.com
First 6 bells dated 1877 (also from Meneely/Wvlt); they replaced the original bell from 1828 (founder unknown), and became the basses of the 1917 chime (added semitone was flat 7th). Expansion in 2006 included replacing chimestand with keyboard from OOLTEWAH, USA - TN (see under Carillons); keys and pedals present for missing bass semitones. On the parish house nearby is a 1913 bell from Meneely/Watervliet. The oldest Anglican church (1809) in continuous use in Ontario.
Traditional chime (baton keyboard) of 19 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is G# in the middle octave Transposition is up 8 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C G 20/ C A 12 There are two missing bass semitones The instrument was enlarged in 2012 with 1 bell made by Meeks,Watson Prior history: In 2006, the instrument was enlarged to 18 bells by Meeks,Watson (9 bells were added in and/or remain from that work.) In 1917, the instrument was begun with 9 bells by Meneely/Wvlt No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2012
This page was built from the database on 14-Nov-12 based on textual data last updated on 2012/11/02 and on technical data last updated on 2012/11/02
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org