South tower St.Mary's Church (Marienkirche) Marienkirchhof at Schüsselbuden Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany LL: N 53.86785, E 10.68444*Former Location (in part):
St.Katharinenkirche Danzig (now Gdansk, Poland)
Pfarramt T: 0451/397700
Autoplay every full and half hour
Bells by Schilling/Apolda; 28 cast 1908 and installed 1910 in Danzig (part of a larger set); taken down 1942 for war materiel, and recovered near Hamburg after WW II. Unusual baton keyboard with metal keys. An ancient carillon built in 1508 (or 1510), described as the oldest in Germany, was destroyed by bombing in March 1942, along with other swinging bells. There may be other heavy bells in the tower.
Traditional carillon of 36 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is C in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- There are two missing bass semitones The whole instrument was installed in 1954 with bells made by Schilling Auxiliary mechanisms: M Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1990*Links:
This page was built from the database on 18-Jul-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/07/15 and on technical data last updated on 1991/10/20
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.