Navigation: TowerBells Home
=> Unrelated Essays
Opportunities for Philanthropy
If you've recently won a big lottery, or otherwise have wealth to give away,
here are some ways to put that money to good use in the world of bells,
brightening the auditory environment for everyone nearby.
Projects listed in geographic regions are associated with existing tower bell installations,
and are linked to the relevant site data page on this Website.
Projects listed in the General category are less well defined,
and will require more investigation on your part.
- North America
- Fund the design and installation of a single-passenger elevator
for Crean Tower, Christ Cathedral (formerly The Crystal Cathedral),
without significantly marring the integrity of the tower design.
- Fund the addition of an elevator to the World War II Memorial Tower
at the University of Kansas.
The northeast corner of the tower holds an elevator shaft.
- Fund the addition of a planned chimestand to the new tower of the chime at
B.M.C.Durfee High School, Fall River, MA,
as well as training for a music teacher there.
- Fund the restoration of traditional action (possibly including a new
baton keyboard) for any of the several
- South America
- Africa and the Middle East
- Asia and the Pacific rim
- Find an empty bell tower in your home town,
or in a place you love to visit,
and fill it with an appropriate set of bells.
- Find a carillon, chime or single bell that needs to be restored,
and fund that work with a reputable company.
If you have an idea for a project that could be added to this list,
please write using the email link below.
This page was created 2014/03/05 and last revised 2019/12/20.
[TowerBells Home Page]
[Tower Bells Introduction]
Please send comments or questions to