New Refuge Deliverance Cathedral (formerly Christ Episcopal Church) Saint Paul and East Chase Streets Baltimore, Maryland, USA LL: N 39.30256, W 76.61455
New Refuge Deliverance Cathedral 1110 St.Paul Street Baltimore, MD 21202-2602 T: (410)752-6524 F: (410)327-6956
Before Sunday services and special events (weddings, funerals, etc.)
This was the third building of Christ Church, which was closed in 1985 and sold to the present owners in 1987. The chime was recast in part from 5 bells by Thomas Mears of London, 1804, part of a ring of six installed in the first building of Christ Church, at Baltimore and Front Streets; three of those bells were lost while hidden during the War of 1812. (At least one of the surviving Mears bells went to the Church of the Messiah, and was later recast into a single McShane bell.)
Electric-keyboard chime of 13 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D in the middle octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1908 with bells made by McShane Year of latest technical information source is 2000
Where this work lies in the sequence of output of the McShane bellfoundry.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in MD.
This page was built from the database on 26-Jan-12 based on textual data last updated on 2011/12/26 and on technical data last updated on 2005/02/12
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com