Dom zu Fulda (Cathedral) Domplatz Fulda, Hessen, Germany LL: N 50.55400, E 9.67242
Peal by Petit & Gebr.Edelbrock; diatonic octave, substituting flat 7th, plus fifth above and newer sub-bourdon named "Hosanna." Perhaps distributed between twin front towers. Of the original 9 bells, only the B0 bass survives; the sub-bourdon added in 1908 (5526 kg) was replaced by F.W.Schilling.
Rope-swung peal of 10 bells Pitch of heaviest bell (excluding sub-bourdon) is B in the bass octave Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: NONE /(G#)B F# The arrangement of tones and/or semitones is non-standard; see Remarks above. 1 bells were recast or replaced in 1953 by Schilling Prior history: In 1908, the instrument was enlarged to 10 bells with bells made by the maker cited in Remarks above In 1897, the instrument was begun with 9 bells with bells made by the maker cited in Remarks above (1 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2020
This page was built from the database on 10-Oct-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/09/15 and on technical data last updated on 2020/09/15
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.