Town Hall Sturt Street at Armstrong Street Ballarat, Victoria, Australia LL: S 37.56211, E 143.85670
City of Ballarat PO Box 655 Ballarat VIC 3353 T: 3/5320 5832 E: email@example.com
Originally played a tune 4 times daily, triggered by Town Hall clock, with a different tune each day of the week. Present schedule unknown (single tune).
Original bells purchased in 1869; installed in Town Hall tower 1872 or 3; moved to other locations on or in that building in subsequent decades. Was accompanied by an additional bell cast by Horwood, Castlemaine, until taken down in 1982 for refitting. Now located in a glass tower in town square; refurbished chiming machine by John Moore & Sons, London, has 30 hammers.
Mechanical-automatic chime of 15 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D# in the treble octave Transposition is not applicable Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. Some bells were recast or replaced in 1988 by Whitechapel Prior history: In 1872, a complete instrument was installed with bells made by Whitechapel (0 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details: Height of console: 0 meters above ground Height of lowest level of bells: 10 meters above ground Height of highest level of bells: 12 meters above ground Belfry openness: 99% Year of latest technical information source is 2008
This page was built from the database on 4-Dec-12 based on textual data last updated on 2008/01/25 and on technical data last updated on 2008/01/25
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org