First Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) (including Taylor Street Presb. Church) Penn Street at Texas Street Fort Worth, Texas, USA LL: N 32.74810, W 97.34273*Former Location (1911-1956):
Taylor Street Presbyterian Church 5th & Taylor Streets Fort Worth, Texas, USA
1911-?? Alex Simpson c.1952 Miss Anne Goerte
First Presbyterian Church 1000 Penn Street Fort Worth, TX 76102-3496 T: (817)335-1231 F: (817)335-2412 E: acongdon/@/fpcfw.org lcollins/@/fpcfw.org
Memorial gift from Mrs.J.C.Harrison and her two children, for John Caro Harrison, William McClanahan Harrison and Elizabeth Ann Harrison. Added semitones: sharp 4th, flat 7th, sharp octave. The Taylor Street and First churches were federated in 1916; they moved together into the present building, with the Taylor Street chime, in 1956; they became a Union congregation in 1961, finally uniting fully with the merger of "northern" and "southern" Presbyterian denominations in 1983.
Traditional chime (chimestand) of 14 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is D in the middle octave Transposition is nil (concert pitch) Keyboard range: D G / NONE The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The whole instrument was installed in 1911 with bells made by McShane No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1992*Links:
This page was built from the database on 3-Mar-21 based on textual data last updated on 2021/03/03 and on technical data last updated on 2021/02/02
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.