Northwest tower Sint Servaaskerk (St. Gervase Church) Vrijthof at Het Vagevuur Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands LL: N 50.84880, E 5.68775*Original location (before enlargement):
South tower of the choir
Frank Steijns, stadsbeiaardier E: firstname.lastname@example.org*Past carillonneur
1952-97 Mathieu Steijns
Stichting Carillons Maastricht Anjoulaan 23 NL-6213 CT Maastricht T: 043/325 86 34
Ancient carillon, hung in central tower, was destroyed by fire in 1955; that tower was not rebuilt. Various other bells hang in 3 other towers of the same church. The van Trier chime of 1555 and the A.J. van den Gheyn carillon of 1770 hung in the central tower of the West Building.
Traditional carillon of 59 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is C in the middle octave Transposition is nil (concert pitch) Keyboard range: C C / ---- There are two missing bass semitones The instrument was enlarged in 1985 with bells made by Eijsbouts Prior history: In 1975, the present instrument was begun with 47 bells with bells made by Eijsbouts In 1767, the previous instrument was enlarged to 40 bells with bells made by vandenGheyn (0 bells remain from that work.) In 1555, the instrument was begun with 19 bells made by the maker cited in Remarks above (0 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1992
This page was built from the database on 17-Apr-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/04/15 and on technical data last updated on 2019/04/02
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.