Mary Park Nutt Memorial Chime
The First Church, Congregational (UCC) Concord & Lowell Streets Nashua, New Hampshire, USA LL: N 42.76561, W 71.46697*Former location (May-Oct.1893; first 10 bells only):
Machinery Hall (southeast tower) World's Columbian Exposition Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jim Stone E: firstname.lastname@example.org - and others*Former chimer:
24 Je 1894, inaug. Frank P. Lotz
First Church 1 Concord Street Nashua, NH 03064-2364 T: (603)882-4861 F: (603)882-1610 E: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org - or - Joseph R. Olefirowicz, Minister of Music E: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Original bells were returned to the foundry after the Exposition closed, for expansion to the present chime; both installations designed by Frank P. Lotz of Covington, Ky.; installed here by George Vanduzen; dedicatory recital played by Mr. Lotz; added semitones are F#, A#, C# (sharp 4th, flat 7th, sharp octave). Major restoration in 1998.
Traditional chime (chimestand) of 15 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is C in the middle octave Transposition is nil (concert pitch) Keyboard range: C G / NONE There are three added semitones The instrument was enlarged in 1894 with bells made by Vanduzen Prior history: In 1893, the instrument was begun with 10 bells with bells made by Vanduzen No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 1994
This page was built from the database on 17-Apr-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/04/15 and on technical data last updated on 2016/09/06
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.