Tower tubes by Deagan; number unknown.
Probably sold before WW II.
Carillon-sized instrument or collection of 25? tubular bells
Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown
Transposition is unknown
Keyboard range: ---- / ----
The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown.
The whole instrument was installed in 19??
with tubular bells made by Deagan
No auxiliary mechanisms known
Tower details not available
Year of latest technical information source is unknown
A music company page
about Deagan's work includes a photo of the building (with empty belfry).
The home page of
Century Mallet Service
(which occupies part of the building) has a larger photo of the tower,
which still bears the Deagan name even though the company is long gone.
The same photo appears as a
image, which can be enlarged even further.
A page about the
Memorial Room opens with a contemporary (2010) photo of the building;
clearly the belfry is empty.
Photos at right (click to enlarge):
Early black & white letterhead (#1), depicting the building without a belfry
on the clock tower; while the letter was dated 1921, the letterhead was
probably designed and printed much earlier.
Early postcard, advertising the Deagan Building as
"The home of Deagan musical bells" (referring to the firm's many products
for use in bands and orchestras); the tower is correclty proportioned,
but still has no belfry.
Early colored letterhead (#2), depicting the building with a belfry
above the clock, on an artistically-shortened tower; unfortunately the
letter was undated.
Undated colored drawing, depicting the building with a belfry that obviously
contains a Deagan tower chime.
This drawing was republished as the cover of the Jan.2004 issue of
the Malletshop Quarterly
where it was attributed to c.1911, which must be wrong.
Current (2013) photograph of the building; modernization has removed much of the
original trim, replaced windows, etc.
I have chosen to retain a site data page for this building in spite of the obvious
absence of the former chime from its belfry, because this was the center of the
musical empire which produced all of the Deagan tower chimes that are listed
elsewhere on this Website.
The current best guess is that this chime was sold before the 1950s,
and probably before WW II.