Lale Özgörkey Bell Tower Lupton Hall Oglethorpe University Peachtree Road NE near Lanier Drive Atlanta, Georgia, USA LL: N 33.87410, W 84.33169
James A. Bohart, Professor of Music T: (404)364-8397 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.oglethorpe.edu/faculty/~j.bohart/
Oglethorpe University 4484 Peachtree Road NE Atlanta, GA 30319-2791 T: (404)261-1441 or 1-800-428-4484 F: (404)364-8500 W: www.oglethorpe.edu E: [use Web contact form]
Chimes quarter hours. Played manually for special occasions.
First 4 bells (including the bass) were supplied by Meneely/Troy in 1922 as a "Westminster Peal". Dual electric keyboards (loud/soft). Tower was renamed on 8 Apr 2013.
Electric-keyboard carillon of 42 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is F in the middle octave Transposition is up 5 semitone(s) Keyboard range: C G / NONE There are two missing bass semitones The instrument was enlarged in 1973 with bells made by Petit & Fritsen Prior history: In 1972, the instrument was enlarged to 35 bells by Petit & Fritsen In 1929, the instrument was begun with 10 bells by Meneely/Troy (4 were cast in 1922) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2006
This page was built from the database on 18-Jan-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/01/14 and on technical data last updated on 2006/06/07
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com