Tour Église Saint-Eloi Rue Clemenceau at Place du Beffroi Dunkerque (Dunkirk), Nord, France LL: N 51.03559, E 2.37617
Alfred Lesecq E: Alfred.Lesecq/@/wanadoo DOTfr*Past carillonneur:
Mairie de Dunkerque (Service de Fêtes) - or - Office du Tourisme 4 place Charles Valentin 59140 Dunkerque T: 28 26 27 27 - or - Paroisse Saint-Eloi 2 Rue Clemenceau 59140 Dunkerque T: 03 28 66 56 59
Sundays and holidays at 1130 and 1600; occasionally Saturday afternoons. Visits possible in July and August. Auto-play at the quarters, 0800-2000 daily (except Thursday from 1000).
Detached tower. Carillon of 1852, chiefly by van Aerschodt, destroyed 1944. Bourdon "Jean Bart", 5 tonnes. 2009: totally restored, after 12 years of silence; new keyboard has dropped bass C# key, carbon fiber transmission.
Traditional carillon of 50 bells Pitch of heaviest bell (excluding sub-bourdon) is C in the middle octave Transposition is up 2 semitone(s) Keyboard range: (G )A#C / ----21 There are two missing bass semitones The instrument was enlarged in 2009 with 2 bells made by an unknown maker Prior history: In 1962, the instrument was begun with 48 bells by Paccard In 1852, a complete instrument of 36 bells was installed by vanAerschodt (0 bells remain from that work.) No auxiliary mechanisms known Tower details not available Year of latest technical information source is 2018
This page was built from the database on 5-May-20 based on textual data last updated on 2020/05/01 and on technical data last updated on 2018/09/10
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions about this page to email@example.com.