Immanuel St.James Episcopal Church Minerva Street, on the Derby Green (between 4th and 5th Streets) Derby, Connecticut, USA LL: N 41.32240, W 73.08823
Immanuel St.James Church 123 Minerva Street Derby, CT 06418-1818 T: (203)734-4149 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The chime of St.James Church was rung for the first time on July 4, 1867. Immanuel Church merged with St.James in 1991.
Chime-sized instrument or collection of 14 bells Pitch of heaviest bell is unknown Transposition is unknown Keyboard range: ---- / ---- The arrangement of tones and semitones is unknown. The instrument was enlarged in 1973 with 5 bells made by Petit & Fritsen Prior history: In 1867, the instrument was begun with 9 bells by Meneely/Wvlt Year of latest technical information source is 2008
Where the initial phase of this work lies in the sequence of output of the
Meneely (Watervliet) bellfoundry.
Where the final phase of this work lies in the sequence of output of the Petit & Fritsen bellfoundry, in this region and in the world.
Ranking among all North American chimes by size (number of bells).
Ranking among all North American chimes by weight (pitch).
Ranking among all North American chimes by year of completion.
Index to all tower bell instruments in CT.
This page was built from the database on 26-Dec-11 based on textual data last updated on 2008/04/15 and on technical data last updated on 2008/04/09
Explanations of page format and keyboard range are available.
[TowerBells Home Page] [Site data top page] [Credits and Disclaimers] [Feedback]
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com